Time at last to Live fully in Vietnam! The popular destination has reopened, with no quarantine for international travellers who present a negative RT-PCR test, tourist visa and travel insurance.
The new guidelines were released March 15 by the Vietnamese government. They aim to restore the country’s tourism industry, which drew 18 million travellers in 2019.
Here are key points of the new guidelines: RT-PCR test + visa + travel insurance now accepted for entry.
All destinations are open, quarantine free.
Visitors should apply online for their tourist E-visa, valid for 30 days. Citizens of visa-exempt countries should follow specific guidelines. (Updated visa policy as of March 15, 2022).
Simple entry requirements:
- Travellers entering via air: Present a negative SARS-CoV-2 test result (except children under 2 years old) using RT-PCR/RT-LAMP method within 72 hours before entry into Vietnam. Or have a negative rapid test result within 24 hours before departure, certified by the competent authority of the country where the test is performed.
- Travellers entering via land, rail and sea routes: Present negative test result as mentioned in section above. In case not presenting proof of a negative test result for SARS-CoV-2 as specified above, entrants are required to undergo a SARS-CoV-2 test at the border gate before entry (using RT-PCR/RT-LAMP method or rapid antigen test for SARS-CoV-2). Upon receiving a negative SARS-CoV-2 test result, they are allowed to enter and join tour activities. If the RT - PCR test result returns positive, they must follow strictly the regulations of the health authority.
- Children under 2 years old are not required to be tested for SARS-CoV-2. Having not been vaccinated against COVID-19 or having never been infected with SARS-CoV-2 before, they are allowed to enter and to join outdoor activities with their parents and relatives.
- Proof of medical or travel insurance covering COVID-19 treatment per visitor (minimum USD10,000, typical cost about USD 40 from travel providers).
- Upon arrival, visitors must install Vietnam’s PC-COVID app (Apple/Google Play) and retain it for the duration of their stay. The app is required for entry to all establishments in Vietnam.
- Visitors are requested to self-monitor for 10 days from entry, and to notify the nearest medical facility should they experience signs of COVID-19.
- Surgical masks, social distancing and sanitising are required at all times. Children under two are allowed outdoors when accompanied by adults.
“Live Fully in Vietnam” is the slogan that captures the many ways a visit to the country, can awaken the senses and recenter the soul and spirit – from stunning natural beauty, to ancient culture, to simply lazing on a beach. Visitors will find endless options for the holiday of their choice. For more options, please visit https://vietspacetravel.com/tour